04-01-2019, 06:37 PM
I don't think they were that much cheaper than a Pineapple. Not sure how long that converter was available for. I reviewed it in 1993 but didn't mention the price. ISTR it was comfortably under £200: http://www.borinsky.plus.com/pineapple_4...SSUE17.PDF
The Dinosaur was meant to be available as a kit. Provisional pricing was without interpolator: £180, with interpolator: £250. In practice I think they were sold fully built for a little more.
The MJH design had a modulator built in, something that neither Dino nor Pineapple had. From what Andy said, it wasn't very good. Andy's mention of intercarrier sound reminds me that you can't readily use that method with +ve modulation. This is because the vision carrier drops to zero during syncs. So the sound will be badly distorted.
The Dinosaur was meant to be available as a kit. Provisional pricing was without interpolator: £180, with interpolator: £250. In practice I think they were sold fully built for a little more.
The MJH design had a modulator built in, something that neither Dino nor Pineapple had. From what Andy said, it wasn't very good. Andy's mention of intercarrier sound reminds me that you can't readily use that method with +ve modulation. This is because the vision carrier drops to zero during syncs. So the sound will be badly distorted.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







