10-12-2018, 10:29 AM
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2018, 10:29 AM by ppppenguin.)
I assume you've proven that it's the bulbs. Possibly by removing them. I also assume that they are special bulbs with the flicker effect built in. Something like this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flame-Effect-Light-Flickering-Lighting/dp/B07DBQYQMH/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BNHGAAC8J6ZERKDBMR46
Next step is to find out if the interference is conducted or radiated. If it's conducted then ultimately it's radiated from the mains wiring rather than directly from the lamp.
Try a common mode choke as well as caps to eliminate conducted interference. As an experiment a metal box round the lamp, possibly ali foil, should show if it's radiated directly. If it's radiated then a mesh screen might work.
If the lamps are irredeemably noisy then possible DIY with some LEDs and a homebrew controller.
The best answer is a real fire. AFAIK they cause no RFI at all
PS: Terry posted while I was writing.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flame-Effect-Light-Flickering-Lighting/dp/B07DBQYQMH/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BNHGAAC8J6ZERKDBMR46
Next step is to find out if the interference is conducted or radiated. If it's conducted then ultimately it's radiated from the mains wiring rather than directly from the lamp.
Try a common mode choke as well as caps to eliminate conducted interference. As an experiment a metal box round the lamp, possibly ali foil, should show if it's radiated directly. If it's radiated then a mesh screen might work.
If the lamps are irredeemably noisy then possible DIY with some LEDs and a homebrew controller.
The best answer is a real fire. AFAIK they cause no RFI at all

PS: Terry posted while I was writing.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







