I did not mention the radio model but I know it well, the capacitor block comprises of two 4uF, a 2uF and a .1uF capacitors. I feel sure they are wax paper foil type, and not dry or wet electrolytic.
I have seen other capacitor blocks very distorted but not quite so much as the one in the first post. This one in a KB 279 was very swollen, enough to distort the sides and also break the soldered connection between C and B in this Hydra condenser block. It had me scratching my head for some trying to work out the connections and how they managed to get the 5 internal capacitors to add up to 12.1uF
Mike
I have seen other capacitor blocks very distorted but not quite so much as the one in the first post. This one in a KB 279 was very swollen, enough to distort the sides and also break the soldered connection between C and B in this Hydra condenser block. It had me scratching my head for some trying to work out the connections and how they managed to get the 5 internal capacitors to add up to 12.1uF
Mike






