04-11-2018, 11:13 PM
Hi Peter
No, it was just me been thick
"Hedghog" comes from a spelling mistake I made on the PCB silkscreen and I then decided to keep the name. It has given me a chuckle or two as it does raise a bit of curiosity. It has an unintended advantage in that when spelt "Hedghog" in google it helps to cut out the unrelated "Hedgehog" stuff.
Among other things I hope someday to revisit trying to do the modulation within the FPGA. The last time I tried I felt that the problem was the R2R DAC wasn't capable of handling the high frequencies. Next time I will use a AD9744 DAC chip which is a 14 bit device capable of up to 210 MSPS. At best it will be only able to cover Band I. I want to try and synthesis a sine wave carrier using a DTO and look up table. As far as I understand the sample frequency will need to be at least 2.5 times the carrier. Which will make the sample frequency close to the limit of that DAC. I expect there will be plenty of spanners ready to fall into the works. If I get around to trying that I will start a new thread.
Frank
No, it was just me been thick
"Hedghog" comes from a spelling mistake I made on the PCB silkscreen and I then decided to keep the name. It has given me a chuckle or two as it does raise a bit of curiosity. It has an unintended advantage in that when spelt "Hedghog" in google it helps to cut out the unrelated "Hedgehog" stuff.Among other things I hope someday to revisit trying to do the modulation within the FPGA. The last time I tried I felt that the problem was the R2R DAC wasn't capable of handling the high frequencies. Next time I will use a AD9744 DAC chip which is a 14 bit device capable of up to 210 MSPS. At best it will be only able to cover Band I. I want to try and synthesis a sine wave carrier using a DTO and look up table. As far as I understand the sample frequency will need to be at least 2.5 times the carrier. Which will make the sample frequency close to the limit of that DAC. I expect there will be plenty of spanners ready to fall into the works. If I get around to trying that I will start a new thread.
Frank







