29-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Hello Mark, yes, that big block is the one, have took more measurements, all the electolytics read low, most of the standard caps are reading high, and some of the resistors are more than 20% out, don't think this has seen mains for many a year.
I think this is a major job, the large component assembly in the middle will need to be removed for further checks, many pictures will need to be taken for reference, as quite a few wires need to be disconnected, will be taking my time on this one.
This is going to be a steep learning curve, I will do some more checks, and order some components, and take it from there.
I think brain surgery would be easier than this, enclosed are some pictures, so you can see the sort of job I have taken on
I think this is a major job, the large component assembly in the middle will need to be removed for further checks, many pictures will need to be taken for reference, as quite a few wires need to be disconnected, will be taking my time on this one.
This is going to be a steep learning curve, I will do some more checks, and order some components, and take it from there.
I think brain surgery would be easier than this, enclosed are some pictures, so you can see the sort of job I have taken on








