22-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Hi Trevor
Thanks for the advice. What I forgot to add that I have been using 0.7mm Jinhu Chinese leaded solder for working on the DSO138 oscilloscope. This is not the greatest of solder by any stretch of the imagination and is very difficult to work with. The only solder that I had available is 1.5mm multicore leaded solder which is a bit too thick for the fine soldering that I have been undertaking. I received a reel of old German Stannol solder today (0.8mm) that I picked up from ebay on very speedy postage - what a defference to use. However, I did take your advice and cleaned the bit with damp cotton rag over and over, each time retinning with the Stannol solder. The Weller is back in full working use again.
Best Regards
Rob
Thanks for the advice. What I forgot to add that I have been using 0.7mm Jinhu Chinese leaded solder for working on the DSO138 oscilloscope. This is not the greatest of solder by any stretch of the imagination and is very difficult to work with. The only solder that I had available is 1.5mm multicore leaded solder which is a bit too thick for the fine soldering that I have been undertaking. I received a reel of old German Stannol solder today (0.8mm) that I picked up from ebay on very speedy postage - what a defference to use. However, I did take your advice and cleaned the bit with damp cotton rag over and over, each time retinning with the Stannol solder. The Weller is back in full working use again.
Best Regards
Rob
if all else fails...read the instructions!







