07-08-2018, 04:37 AM
That Lexor part was commonplace in broadcast video equipment. You could buy boxes with a BNC on each end and a set of toggle switches so that you could select various delays. Vital when trying to phase video sources into a vision mixer. In PAL/NTSC you needed better than 5ns accuracy to ensure correct colour.
Identical parts were also made by Matthey and BAL. Not sure who made them first. Most likely Matthey. I probably have a few around. I don't remember if they were specified for high quality video or only for pulses. I think they were for video.
Photo shows a box I have with a smaller delay line, minus one of the 80ns sections and with a fine trim.
Identical parts were also made by Matthey and BAL. Not sure who made them first. Most likely Matthey. I probably have a few around. I don't remember if they were specified for high quality video or only for pulses. I think they were for video.
Photo shows a box I have with a smaller delay line, minus one of the 80ns sections and with a fine trim.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







