18-06-2018, 08:46 PM
There is a Ford V4 engine that runs anticlockwise, it was fitted to German Transits. It had a lock nut on the front pulley to stop it unscrewing. And I think a starting handle dog!
I know this because a friend in another garage had problems getting one to charge the battery, it was a dynamo and control box system. It had come as a camper from Germany.
He changed the dynamo, control box and wired it directly and still no charge.
I had a look, realised it ran the opposite way. Changing the dynamo field winding over to the opposite side of the brush gear and flashing it to magnetise it the opposite polarity worked.
As to whether this engine was ever fitted to any other Taunus or Ford I don't know.
I know this because a friend in another garage had problems getting one to charge the battery, it was a dynamo and control box system. It had come as a camper from Germany.
He changed the dynamo, control box and wired it directly and still no charge.
I had a look, realised it ran the opposite way. Changing the dynamo field winding over to the opposite side of the brush gear and flashing it to magnetise it the opposite polarity worked.
As to whether this engine was ever fitted to any other Taunus or Ford I don't know.
Boater Sam.







