I 've listened to much of the plasma on utube and they most all sound hissy etc as you say,
and no bass.
Hence my idea to try to broaden out the sound interest.
I can imagine 2 plasma players, one at each end of the room with the audio delay I mentioned.
If I could play the piano etc or Midi I might go for the playing SSTC but I do
like big bright valves, reminding me of those glowing bright emitters of days long gone.
The two GU81's were not too dear to buy . Here's the Czech circuit I might use....
Nice and simple for me to make. (I am fully aware of the dangers with MOTs, BTW)
and no bass.
Hence my idea to try to broaden out the sound interest.
I can imagine 2 plasma players, one at each end of the room with the audio delay I mentioned.
If I could play the piano etc or Midi I might go for the playing SSTC but I do
like big bright valves, reminding me of those glowing bright emitters of days long gone.
The two GU81's were not too dear to buy . Here's the Czech circuit I might use....
Nice and simple for me to make. (I am fully aware of the dangers with MOTs, BTW)







