13-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Dual (or even rooms of) DRSSTCs (doubly resonant solid state Tesla coils) playing midi files are pretty common - a few years ago I specialised in building miniature DRSSTCs with some novel features - the threads are all on 4hv.org
Lots of videos on YouTube for these. - they are great fun to design and build.
I also designed a pretty awesome electromagnetic can crusher built round a large low-esr high voltage capacitor bank - also all on 4hv.org. It was scarily good at launching aluminium hard drive platters so violently that they stuck in the roof of the barn I used for testing...
HV toys are good (if you are very careful and respectful, plus know what you're doing and your limitations).
Is this a third-party design or your own?
EDIT: DDSSTCs are mono-phonic, so in this case there should only be two simultaneous notes - this video has been messed around with - there is a backing track, so it's not just the Tesla coils - they cheated!
Lots of videos on YouTube for these. - they are great fun to design and build.
I also designed a pretty awesome electromagnetic can crusher built round a large low-esr high voltage capacitor bank - also all on 4hv.org. It was scarily good at launching aluminium hard drive platters so violently that they stuck in the roof of the barn I used for testing...

HV toys are good (if you are very careful and respectful, plus know what you're doing and your limitations).
Is this a third-party design or your own?
EDIT: DDSSTCs are mono-phonic, so in this case there should only be two simultaneous notes - this video has been messed around with - there is a backing track, so it's not just the Tesla coils - they cheated!
sıʌǝɹq ɐʇıʌ `ɐƃuol sɹɐ
ʞɔıu
ʞɔıu







