11-04-2018, 02:41 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 02:42 PM by Murphyv310.)
In the recent cold snap, Coal was running flat out with Gas far less than usual, I believe there was a supply problem at the time.
I'm only a 10 minute drive from Whitelee wind farm, it's huge and can be seen from many tens of miles away, its an eyesore as is so many of these wind farms, we do though have to accept them if we want to cut down the use of fossil fuels............ or do we?
I do know from servicing equipment at a company called Windhoist that concrete and other production pollution each wind farm will need to run for 20 years for them to become carbon neutral......... now that's just about the life of these farms so are we actually gaining anything?
I'm only a 10 minute drive from Whitelee wind farm, it's huge and can be seen from many tens of miles away, its an eyesore as is so many of these wind farms, we do though have to accept them if we want to cut down the use of fossil fuels............ or do we?
I do know from servicing equipment at a company called Windhoist that concrete and other production pollution each wind farm will need to run for 20 years for them to become carbon neutral......... now that's just about the life of these farms so are we actually gaining anything?






