09-04-2018, 05:52 PM
But aren't these smart meters supplier specific?
In which case, yes, the remote display will continue to reflect the billing details but, as the unit's owner, British Gas, is no longer the supplier, they will no longer be collecting the information from it!
I believe it is up to each supplier to decide whose smart meter to buy and fit but, unless I've been badly misinformed, there is no common communications protocol, which is rather stupid as it would make more obvious sense if there was!
In which case, yes, the remote display will continue to reflect the billing details but, as the unit's owner, British Gas, is no longer the supplier, they will no longer be collecting the information from it!
I believe it is up to each supplier to decide whose smart meter to buy and fit but, unless I've been badly misinformed, there is no common communications protocol, which is rather stupid as it would make more obvious sense if there was!






