A few years back we had tadpoles in the same little pond which did not develop, they did get bigger, possibly about 8 maybe 10 mm across the body. At the time I didn't pay any attention to what finally happened to them. We moved the frog spawn, and also toad spawn on another occasion, from the edges of the big pond to the little pond because the fish eat it all up.
It would be good if we could get rid of the fish in our pond, but nowhere seems to want to take them. I would rather encourage and see the natural wild life.
Only in the last year have I been aware of news laying in the little pond. Their spawn is individual eggs and hard to see. I had put some curly leafed pond weed in the little pond, hoping it would encourage the newts. At the same time I also put the same weed in the big pond but the fish ate it all.
Mike
It would be good if we could get rid of the fish in our pond, but nowhere seems to want to take them. I would rather encourage and see the natural wild life.
Only in the last year have I been aware of news laying in the little pond. Their spawn is individual eggs and hard to see. I had put some curly leafed pond weed in the little pond, hoping it would encourage the newts. At the same time I also put the same weed in the big pond but the fish ate it all.
Mike






