03-03-2018, 11:00 PM
I do vintage test gear and have a very cosmetically challenged TEK7000 that I got for free with a fault in the frame and three faulty plug ins.
It took me a couple of weeks to fix all that lot and still have a ceramic cap to find that causes an offset in one channel in one of the vertical plug ins. I now use it as my main scope.
I also have an LCR bridge that is more than accurate enough for what we do that needed a tricky bit of pot cleaning to get it right.
http://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/forum/...p?tid=6705
I run a pair of mid 1950s cinema amps as a main HiFi. They have more volume than I will ever need.
It took me a couple of weeks to fix all that lot and still have a ceramic cap to find that causes an offset in one channel in one of the vertical plug ins. I now use it as my main scope.
I also have an LCR bridge that is more than accurate enough for what we do that needed a tricky bit of pot cleaning to get it right.
http://golbornevintageradio.co.uk/forum/...p?tid=6705
I run a pair of mid 1950s cinema amps as a main HiFi. They have more volume than I will ever need.







