08-11-2017, 02:37 PM
I did a little more before I went out and am just about to leave for a night away.
I found the second IF transformer had a short to the screening can. This was due to the 270of cap lead shorting a bit of tape on the inside of the can cured that ill. I also noted the cores were sloppy as the rubber strips were missing. To be fair I think that these faults were on the set prior to Richard obtaining it. A difficult repair for a novice, multiple faults can be very confusing.
I found the second IF transformer had a short to the screening can. This was due to the 270of cap lead shorting a bit of tape on the inside of the can cured that ill. I also noted the cores were sloppy as the rubber strips were missing. To be fair I think that these faults were on the set prior to Richard obtaining it. A difficult repair for a novice, multiple faults can be very confusing.






