26-10-2017, 09:42 PM
(26-10-2017, 08:42 PM)Terry Wrote: That hFE reading is definitely wrong!
As far as your current signal source is concerned, I'd suggest the 'quick'n'dirty' approach. Swing the generator frequency back and forth across the frequency of interest. If the receiver works, you will hear a sort of 'squmpf' as you tune through the IF band, just like tuning through an unmodulated broadcast signal.
This also serves another purpose: if your generator calibration is out or the set has been incorrectly aligned at some point, this method will still work even though the set actually works at an IF frequency other than 470hHz or your generator frequency is wrong.
Hi; thanks.
Do I gather that I use the 'sweep' function on the SG - with the 'baseline' of 470kHz? If so, to what extremes? (e.g. +/- 100kHz).
BW
Richard
PS I'm always up for the 'quick and dirty' approach - with precautions of course.







