24-10-2017, 06:47 AM
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2017, 06:49 AM by ppppenguin.)
Any idea what the active solvent is in this method: https://hackaday.com/2011/06/07/cleaning...-easy-way/
A discussion here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/suggestion...l-alcohol/
More notes on the subject: https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/blogs/c...586d8e25b2
There are plenty of commercially available flux removers. Here's one more or less at random: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/solder-flu...s/0283252/
If you're using flux which isn't corrosive I'd rather leave it as incomplete cleaning can cause more problems than it solves. I'm also lazy.
If you have an ultrasonic cleaning bath that should do a good job. Don't know if all components are OK with ultrasonics.
From the people who should know what they are talking about: https://www.electrolube.com/pdf/electrol...ochure.pdf
Overall conclusion: There are differing opinions on the subject. There is no one right answer.
A discussion here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/suggestion...l-alcohol/
More notes on the subject: https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/blogs/c...586d8e25b2
There are plenty of commercially available flux removers. Here's one more or less at random: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/solder-flu...s/0283252/
If you're using flux which isn't corrosive I'd rather leave it as incomplete cleaning can cause more problems than it solves. I'm also lazy.
If you have an ultrasonic cleaning bath that should do a good job. Don't know if all components are OK with ultrasonics.
From the people who should know what they are talking about: https://www.electrolube.com/pdf/electrol...ochure.pdf
Overall conclusion: There are differing opinions on the subject. There is no one right answer.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







