01-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Sorry Ken it doesn't look good...
1 Android I'm running Android 4.1.1 on a 'Versus Touchpad 9.7' There are reports that Google Play says it's not compatible with Android 6
2 IOS No personal experience - The Maplin units ship with 1423 which apparently does not work with IOS 10 and above.
There is a firmware update available (1443) but this requires openning the unit and using a PicKit 3 to reprogram it. At least one person has bricked their unit attempting this.
3 Windows I'm running windows XP an a P4 2.8GHz machine which is not fast enough for the software - it flickers badly, I couldn't try Wireless connection.
The signal ground (at the BNCs) is at + 1.6v wrt the USB ground which is a problem with a grounded DUT and a desktop computer when using USB.
(For some reason the software insists on refreshing the display at 60 frame/sec even when the data is static. In addition there are problems with the trigger level.)
To look on the bright side there is a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
I think I will keep mine, there appears to be a work around to get a reliable connection and apart from the App lying about the fastest timebase settings (it may show 2uS and 1uS but they are both 5uS*).
*Android App, Windows software is OK IOS App unknown.
I quite like it in a quirky sort of way.
Hopefully there is enough interest for someone to update the App.
Jim
1 Android I'm running Android 4.1.1 on a 'Versus Touchpad 9.7' There are reports that Google Play says it's not compatible with Android 6
2 IOS No personal experience - The Maplin units ship with 1423 which apparently does not work with IOS 10 and above.
There is a firmware update available (1443) but this requires openning the unit and using a PicKit 3 to reprogram it. At least one person has bricked their unit attempting this.
3 Windows I'm running windows XP an a P4 2.8GHz machine which is not fast enough for the software - it flickers badly, I couldn't try Wireless connection.
The signal ground (at the BNCs) is at + 1.6v wrt the USB ground which is a problem with a grounded DUT and a desktop computer when using USB.
(For some reason the software insists on refreshing the display at 60 frame/sec even when the data is static. In addition there are problems with the trigger level.)
To look on the bright side there is a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee.
I think I will keep mine, there appears to be a work around to get a reliable connection and apart from the App lying about the fastest timebase settings (it may show 2uS and 1uS but they are both 5uS*).
*Android App, Windows software is OK IOS App unknown.
I quite like it in a quirky sort of way.
Hopefully there is enough interest for someone to update the App.
Jim







