01-10-2017, 06:02 AM
Ran out of edit time. Pic one shows the finished face of the amp. 2 shows the chassis underneath, bluetak a temp measure. 3 show finshed metal work on RH channel with fan in place. 4 shows top of chassis/fan. I had to glue reinforcing plates around the fan as I ran out of the 2mm ali sheet and had to use 0.65mm. You can see the LH channel mains tfmr. This was a lot quicker to wind than the last one. I got curious stares from villages as I measured the HT winding out on the park it being 243.3ft. A woman came out of the community center and asked what I was doing, but scurried back in when I tried to explain - "I'm winding a transformer" .... What's a tfmr?" Not easy to answer and she wasn't interested.Last time I did it in our garden but it got tangled on bushes and got kinks in it.
I'll order some paint this week, British racing green, should look ok with the brass. I'ts taking a long time but getting there, slowly etc.
Andy.
I'll order some paint this week, British racing green, should look ok with the brass. I'ts taking a long time but getting there, slowly etc.
Andy.







