06-09-2017, 01:14 PM
OK
Yesterday I did the test and results were very good. I connected in series the HT PSU, the cap under test, a 4K7 wire resistor and my M2005 microamperemeter. After the initial charging spike I couldn't detect any leaking current on any of the types tested. they were:
0,27uF/400V tested at 300V
0,33uF/250V tested at 220V
0,56uF/250V tested at 220V
Using the 10uA range of the instrument with 200 division scale, I couldn't notice even a single dicision deviation of the pointer fron zero, so I guess the caps are OK. I tested five capacitor of each value with similar results.
On the other hand I tested a 0,5uF/160V Soviet paper cap (tested at 120V) and I had a leakage of about 50uA. So I think that those plastic capacitors are very good for valve electronics, don't you think?
Yesterday I did the test and results were very good. I connected in series the HT PSU, the cap under test, a 4K7 wire resistor and my M2005 microamperemeter. After the initial charging spike I couldn't detect any leaking current on any of the types tested. they were:
0,27uF/400V tested at 300V
0,33uF/250V tested at 220V
0,56uF/250V tested at 220V
Using the 10uA range of the instrument with 200 division scale, I couldn't notice even a single dicision deviation of the pointer fron zero, so I guess the caps are OK. I tested five capacitor of each value with similar results.
On the other hand I tested a 0,5uF/160V Soviet paper cap (tested at 120V) and I had a leakage of about 50uA. So I think that those plastic capacitors are very good for valve electronics, don't you think?
When electrons move, things happen.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done
There's nothing you can do that can't be done







