31-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Our first car was a second hand Vauxhall Viva HC back in 1978. I loved it with a passion - rebuilt the engine and gearbox - ran like a sewing machine. Max speed with foot flat to the boards was 80mph on a good day. It even had a front windscreen washer - a plunger on the dash panel that you pushed for a squirt. Sold it to a friend, who drove it until it fell to pieces, and then sold the engine to someone else.
Fast foward a few decades, and I was at a classic car show in Birmingham, and there was a restored one (a classic - ha ha) - in the same green as my old one. And it was spectacularly tiny - I was quite shocked really. It *seemed* quite large back in the day.
Fast foward a few decades, and I was at a classic car show in Birmingham, and there was a restored one (a classic - ha ha) - in the same green as my old one. And it was spectacularly tiny - I was quite shocked really. It *seemed* quite large back in the day.







