28-08-2017, 07:19 AM
I forgot to add I have a Vidor Lady Anne radio which is used on a daily basis in the conservatory while having breakfast plus a Tandberg TCD310 from 1977 which gets occasional use.
I bought the 405, serial number 29413, in June 78 from a Hi-fi shop in Bangor. It's had the usual R7/R8 fault and a replacement mains transformer but apart from that it's still original! I also have a Quad 44 and FM4, bought in 1987, both of which have had their share of faults (mainly dry joints) but touch wood are still working.
Keith
I bought the 405, serial number 29413, in June 78 from a Hi-fi shop in Bangor. It's had the usual R7/R8 fault and a replacement mains transformer but apart from that it's still original! I also have a Quad 44 and FM4, bought in 1987, both of which have had their share of faults (mainly dry joints) but touch wood are still working.
Keith







