14-08-2017, 01:20 PM
When you're that close to the TX and with direct line of sight a slight misalignment hardly matters. You'd almost light a bulb on the end of the cable
Though it might well matter to minmise multipath which would hurt Teletext. When I was at Imperial we had aerials about 200 feet up on the roof of the EE building. There was about a volt of Ch1 at the bottom of the downlead.
The other day I was checking TV reception at a ground floor flat near Clapham South station. Damp finger in aerial socket was enough to give both signal strength and quality well into the green on the freeview box display. I'm used to that at the Dulwich Museum but this isn't quite so close and it was ground floor with a big building across the road and in the way.
Though it might well matter to minmise multipath which would hurt Teletext. When I was at Imperial we had aerials about 200 feet up on the roof of the EE building. There was about a volt of Ch1 at the bottom of the downlead.The other day I was checking TV reception at a ground floor flat near Clapham South station. Damp finger in aerial socket was enough to give both signal strength and quality well into the green on the freeview box display. I'm used to that at the Dulwich Museum but this isn't quite so close and it was ground floor with a big building across the road and in the way.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







