14-08-2017, 09:48 AM
When I was a schoolboy my mother took me to visit the Post Office Tower. Probably in 1969. At the time it one of 2 high points in London that open to the public. The other was the Shell Centre, only abut 350 feet, as against the PO Tower's 600 or so. I've just found my copies of the booklets for both which has stirred fond memories. ISTR enjoying the Shell Centre more than the POT, even though it was much lower. Possibly becuase the viewing gallery was much more spacious.
You may remember that the POT viewing gallery was closed after an IRA bomb attempt. Don't know when the Shell Centre closed its doors to the public.
I've not been since.
Who else has memories of visiting the PO Tower and Shell Centre?
You may remember that the POT viewing gallery was closed after an IRA bomb attempt. Don't know when the Shell Centre closed its doors to the public.
I've not been since.
Who else has memories of visiting the PO Tower and Shell Centre?
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







