(13-08-2017, 12:01 PM)Mark Hennessy Wrote: They certainly look better than the freebies that you get with the AN8008
I make my own 4mm to croc-clip leads as needed. I used some silicon wire that I bought from Farnell years ago - it's much better than what you get with most of the proper probes. Overkill really, given the plugs and croc-clips I attach to them! But at least with these, repairs and modifications are easy. I also made some spring-clip types, using much thinner silicon wire, and these are great for other applications. The biggest problem with all these home-made leads is finding them when I need them!
That is what I was intending to do, buy some silicon cable , suitable 4mm plugs but I was not able to locate any probes that I could solder to. I can get croc clips but their not suitable for probing test points, particularly not on densely populated board or SMD boards, hence those leads from Banggood with interchangeable probes, croc clips and test hooks, ideal for bench work apart from you have to have the length they give you.
Do you know where diy probes can be purchased from these days?







