11-08-2017, 10:15 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 10:16 PM by specmaster.)
As mentioned earlier, here are some photos of this unit. All the cables are numbered in the same fashion as motor control panels are normally numbered with slip on numbers. The pcb looks like it was made by hand and all the cables are run in looms. I have been round all the joints on the PCB with a iron looking for dry joints with no joy, all switches and pots have been doused with switch cleaner and still no sign of the AM side coming back to life any time soon. Unfortunately I don't know enough about these to be able to track the circuit through without a schematic so the hunt continues.
As Danesbury were the sole distributor for these and they appear to have gone out of business but I have discovered that it would appear that there is or was a function generator made by a company called Danesbury as a calibration house lists them as one of the ones that they can calibrate and repair. Could it be the same company I wonder? I'll have to dig a little more I think.
The last four bands are working and although the display would have you believe that they cover 10 to 180Mhz they actually cover 7.66 to 182.22Mhz as each band has a nice overlap.
As Danesbury were the sole distributor for these and they appear to have gone out of business but I have discovered that it would appear that there is or was a function generator made by a company called Danesbury as a calibration house lists them as one of the ones that they can calibrate and repair. Could it be the same company I wonder? I'll have to dig a little more I think.
The last four bands are working and although the display would have you believe that they cover 10 to 180Mhz they actually cover 7.66 to 182.22Mhz as each band has a nice overlap.







