10-08-2017, 09:20 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 09:22 PM by Geordie McBoyne.)
Hi Mike,
I'm not sure of the precise model number of my KB radio. I'd say it is a model 426. The only difference I can detect is the position of the mains dropper resistor, the KB 426 that appears in Radiomuseum website has a horizontal mains dropper whereas it is vertical in my set.
Only two of the original valves still exist, the 15D1 frequency changer and the PEN 3520 output valve. The IF valve is an ex-services 9D2 and the detector double-diode a Mullard 2D13C. I've fitted a Mazda U4020 rectifier as the replacement for the Brimar 1D5.
From the Radiomuseum: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/kolsterbr_426.html
Geordie McBoyne.
I'm not sure of the precise model number of my KB radio. I'd say it is a model 426. The only difference I can detect is the position of the mains dropper resistor, the KB 426 that appears in Radiomuseum website has a horizontal mains dropper whereas it is vertical in my set.
Only two of the original valves still exist, the 15D1 frequency changer and the PEN 3520 output valve. The IF valve is an ex-services 9D2 and the detector double-diode a Mullard 2D13C. I've fitted a Mazda U4020 rectifier as the replacement for the Brimar 1D5.
From the Radiomuseum: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/kolsterbr_426.html
Geordie McBoyne.







