26-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Hi.
I agree Terry that in this thread discussing exceptions isn't helpful......... but I also believe that it has to be said that it can and has been done in a few cases and TBH without valves failing. No doubt NWM will find reference to this in his reading and if we say it can't be done then we look like idiots.
Yes there is no need to Labour the point about positive grid bias, voltage or current at this time as it is not relevant, good teaching though will make the pupil aware of it.
I agree Terry that in this thread discussing exceptions isn't helpful......... but I also believe that it has to be said that it can and has been done in a few cases and TBH without valves failing. No doubt NWM will find reference to this in his reading and if we say it can't be done then we look like idiots.
Yes there is no need to Labour the point about positive grid bias, voltage or current at this time as it is not relevant, good teaching though will make the pupil aware of it.






