This restoration is now complete. The cabinet has had some of the scratches touched up and it has had a good polish with wax.
I have used the PSU and speaker from my KB 540 for this radio and the new PSU I will be making will go into the 540. The reason for this is; the 540 cabinet was already severely damaged when I got it and I did some extensive work to make it presentable. So although it looks better and appears almost like it should it is far from original so a non original PSU doesn't seem to matter to me.
Whereas this 428 cabinet is almost original and it seems nice to have a more original PSU.
The "Tuneon" neon tuning indicator works really well.
Mike
I have used the PSU and speaker from my KB 540 for this radio and the new PSU I will be making will go into the 540. The reason for this is; the 540 cabinet was already severely damaged when I got it and I did some extensive work to make it presentable. So although it looks better and appears almost like it should it is far from original so a non original PSU doesn't seem to matter to me.
Whereas this 428 cabinet is almost original and it seems nice to have a more original PSU.
The "Tuneon" neon tuning indicator works really well.
Mike






