13-07-2017, 04:56 AM
It's important to note that "digital" does not equate to "microprocessor" - there is a sliding scale of differentiation.
Personally, even though microprocessors and programming are my home territory, I value my analogue skills and spend far more time developing those than I do the digital ones...
It's worth mentioning that high-speed digital is very tricky stuff - in the realms of "analogue tricky" - when you have stuff running in the 100s of MHz or GHz region, the dividing line between analogue and digital becomes very fine indeed...
If you find AoE too heavy (metaphorically or literally!) , I very strongly recommend "The Circuit Designer's Companion" by Peter Wilson - the 4th ed. is due out in August, so I'd wait until then. This is probably the most useful and accessible book I have for practical advice - full of good stuff and worth every penny of its purchase price. My 3rd ed. copy is even more thumbed than AoE and it has the added benefit of being small enough to be carried around, as opposed to AoE which would be classed an offensive weapon if it came to a fight...
3rd ed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Circuit-Designers-Companion-Peter-Wilson/dp/0080971385/ref=pd_sim_14_14?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z719TD3NZ7VRZ2XH28AK
Pre-order for 4th ed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Circuit-Designe...b_title_bk
Another one of my favorites is Bruce Carter's "Op Amps for Everyone" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Op-Amps-Everyon...b_title_bk - there are PDFs of this one around for previous eds. as its based on a Texas Instruments design guide...
...which makes an interesting point - there are loads of good FREE books from the main analogue providers - Linear Technology, Analog Devices, Texas Instruments etc. Loads of stuff, all good...
Personally, even though microprocessors and programming are my home territory, I value my analogue skills and spend far more time developing those than I do the digital ones...
It's worth mentioning that high-speed digital is very tricky stuff - in the realms of "analogue tricky" - when you have stuff running in the 100s of MHz or GHz region, the dividing line between analogue and digital becomes very fine indeed...
If you find AoE too heavy (metaphorically or literally!) , I very strongly recommend "The Circuit Designer's Companion" by Peter Wilson - the 4th ed. is due out in August, so I'd wait until then. This is probably the most useful and accessible book I have for practical advice - full of good stuff and worth every penny of its purchase price. My 3rd ed. copy is even more thumbed than AoE and it has the added benefit of being small enough to be carried around, as opposed to AoE which would be classed an offensive weapon if it came to a fight...
3rd ed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Circuit-Designers-Companion-Peter-Wilson/dp/0080971385/ref=pd_sim_14_14?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z719TD3NZ7VRZ2XH28AK
Pre-order for 4th ed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Circuit-Designe...b_title_bk
Another one of my favorites is Bruce Carter's "Op Amps for Everyone" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Op-Amps-Everyon...b_title_bk - there are PDFs of this one around for previous eds. as its based on a Texas Instruments design guide...
...which makes an interesting point - there are loads of good FREE books from the main analogue providers - Linear Technology, Analog Devices, Texas Instruments etc. Loads of stuff, all good...
sıʌǝɹq ɐʇıʌ `ɐƃuol sɹɐ
ʞɔıu
ʞɔıu







