09-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Yes In the 60's the shop I worked in did repair a lot of them. Cheap was relative the tubes were from 60 cents to a $1.10 each which sounds cheap but I was working for 70 cents an hour back then, but the repair bill was much less than a new radio. The local drug store had a tube tester just inside the door. A lot of people would test their tubes at the drug store before bringing the set to the shop. Quiet a few would tighten the loose screws too. Usually my repair included putting the tubes in the correct socket and an alignment!
I bought a new radio last week that suffered from the previous owner tightening the loose screws
.
This one is made for airborne service and operates on 24 Volts DC. It is 4" X 4" X 6-5/8". The sales slip was attached to it. It was $12.95 new. Sadly I paid more than that in postage
.
I bought a new radio last week that suffered from the previous owner tightening the loose screws
.This one is made for airborne service and operates on 24 Volts DC. It is 4" X 4" X 6-5/8". The sales slip was attached to it. It was $12.95 new. Sadly I paid more than that in postage
.







