06-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Hi.
I remember on a Minidisc course I was on when working for Sony UK the subject came up of phase errors.
I think the trainer was Henry McAloon, a local man who had been a trainer for Sony for some years.
His point was that audio phase errors were around us all the time, from listening to sounds emanating from another room or by certain reflections and absorption that would distort the sound, the human ear though and processing in the brain tends to disregard this.
Not being into Audio so much these days I have no idea if Bi Amplification is a thing of the past or still on the go.
During the many years that I did audio I could never hear the difference in Bi Amps and decent Hi-Fi with normal crossover systems.
I remember on a Minidisc course I was on when working for Sony UK the subject came up of phase errors.
I think the trainer was Henry McAloon, a local man who had been a trainer for Sony for some years.
His point was that audio phase errors were around us all the time, from listening to sounds emanating from another room or by certain reflections and absorption that would distort the sound, the human ear though and processing in the brain tends to disregard this.
Not being into Audio so much these days I have no idea if Bi Amplification is a thing of the past or still on the go.
During the many years that I did audio I could never hear the difference in Bi Amps and decent Hi-Fi with normal crossover systems.






