04-07-2017, 09:44 AM
I don't see the problem either. However, I figure it's only polite to change something if more than one person finds stuff confusing. I'll have to think that over. I think though the hard reality is USA and Soviet Union were well ahead of us in technology - USSR retained its military radio research and still has pure radio science universities. There is still one in Siberia. As to the USA, the amateur radio scene was second to none, populated by NASA engineers and encouraging amateurs to actively get involved.
This side point about grids may one day help someone who encounters it. Two circles with "C" + - doesn't mean cathode or capacitor. It had me puzzled. It means simply grid bias battery. Some valves listed have none but a new term I just encountered was plate to plate impedance used in push pull. Not that I plan to build a transmitter but some of this actually helped me by application.
We have a Russian guy on the other forum who published lots of detailed information on those P type transistors. I don't tend to limit myself by drawing a line between foreign or domestic experience. I prefer not to argue about methods or systems because I prefer variety. I did years of courses and exams in various subjects with set books. The reason some of this seems to jump about is I change for variety as it keeps me interested. If I stay in one area I get bored. I am doing ancient languages too and use the same approach. I would make the unusual argument you don't need systems. I just strive to learn something new every day and above all understand the processes.
This side point about grids may one day help someone who encounters it. Two circles with "C" + - doesn't mean cathode or capacitor. It had me puzzled. It means simply grid bias battery. Some valves listed have none but a new term I just encountered was plate to plate impedance used in push pull. Not that I plan to build a transmitter but some of this actually helped me by application.
We have a Russian guy on the other forum who published lots of detailed information on those P type transistors. I don't tend to limit myself by drawing a line between foreign or domestic experience. I prefer not to argue about methods or systems because I prefer variety. I did years of courses and exams in various subjects with set books. The reason some of this seems to jump about is I change for variety as it keeps me interested. If I stay in one area I get bored. I am doing ancient languages too and use the same approach. I would make the unusual argument you don't need systems. I just strive to learn something new every day and above all understand the processes.







