29-06-2017, 09:11 PM
The set concerned is a hacker sovereign RP18, transistors have all been replaced with af 125,the electrolytic caps have been replaced with modern caps,
the set was not working when bought,this was expected,usual AF117 -114 issues,
Mr Hennessy ,your email ended up in the spam folder,I do not know how to reply direct on this site,having replaced transistors and caps,switching on the set I realised that the set had possibly been "played with".The pointer is pointing in the approximately correct area,sound on FM is distorted , definitely out of alignment ,knowing that to indiscriminately twirling the IF cores can only lead to hopelessly throwing the alignment out,is why I asked if anyone in the Widnes, Warrington, Wigan,area could help, bringing the set or posting via Hermes etc.
again,many thanks to all.
pagu
the set was not working when bought,this was expected,usual AF117 -114 issues,
Mr Hennessy ,your email ended up in the spam folder,I do not know how to reply direct on this site,having replaced transistors and caps,switching on the set I realised that the set had possibly been "played with".The pointer is pointing in the approximately correct area,sound on FM is distorted , definitely out of alignment ,knowing that to indiscriminately twirling the IF cores can only lead to hopelessly throwing the alignment out,is why I asked if anyone in the Widnes, Warrington, Wigan,area could help, bringing the set or posting via Hermes etc.
again,many thanks to all.
pagu







