08-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Interesting, because I came to different conclusion!
Hersant appears to be the manufacturer of the movement although the clock itself might have been made by someone else.
Irritatingly, I can't find exactly the same search results as yesterday but here are a few I found this morning:
The 8-day signed and numbered outside countwheel movement is stamped 'Hersant Paris 1869' and 'S. Marti Medaille de Bronze'. £895
French Boulle Mantle Clock on Stand, movement marked "Hersant Paris 1871", clock 16" tall, on stand 17.5", good condition, running. $700
Movement, signed "Hersant Se 1B De Chatelain Paris", has been recently cleaned by a Master clockmaker.
I also found a search result which says "Hersant Tot 1871 Paris, L.E.P. Medaille: White Marble Brass Clock. This French Clockmaker also made the movement for a mantle clock in the Palais Elysees in Paris. Sold " but can't find it on the page it links to!
Hersant appears to be the manufacturer of the movement although the clock itself might have been made by someone else.
Irritatingly, I can't find exactly the same search results as yesterday but here are a few I found this morning:
The 8-day signed and numbered outside countwheel movement is stamped 'Hersant Paris 1869' and 'S. Marti Medaille de Bronze'. £895
French Boulle Mantle Clock on Stand, movement marked "Hersant Paris 1871", clock 16" tall, on stand 17.5", good condition, running. $700
Movement, signed "Hersant Se 1B De Chatelain Paris", has been recently cleaned by a Master clockmaker.
I also found a search result which says "Hersant Tot 1871 Paris, L.E.P. Medaille: White Marble Brass Clock. This French Clockmaker also made the movement for a mantle clock in the Palais Elysees in Paris. Sold " but can't find it on the page it links to!






