02-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Hi.
Believe it or not its now 3 months till MFL (my Rover 75 V6) was passed onto it's new owner and the Panda arrived.
So far I have little to complain about with the Panda, the dealer Parks in Irvine a Fiat agent less so though.
The car had a dealer service stamp in the book for 19,000 miles and I got it at 19,076 miles, the "service" was done last October. On purchase I brought to the attention of the salesman there was a light score on the sill and the front discs didn't look too good. The car was due an MOT in March so he said they would attend to the discs at the MOT, a door seal would be replaced too.
When I picked up the car the score was repaired perfectly, I was to return to get the seal done when it came in, so a week later I did and I asked if the MOT could be brought forward and the discs done. This was arranged and when I picked up the car I was told that the discs were within spec and the MOT was passed with no advisories.
I was far from happy and checked the thickness of the discs with the micrometer they were only just within spec but badly scored. After a few calls I got nowhere and as the year warranty I had that didn't include service parts I decided to change them myself. The job on the Panda is easy and straightforward, new discs and pads were £53 with a 10% discount I have. Now another thing was the validity of the service. I whipped out the air filter and no way had that been replaced in October, so since then I have serviced the car with new oil, filters and plugs.
I got five weeks out of this tank of fuel.
I've just filled up the Panda to the brim and have recorded over 53mpg on this brim to brim (fuel right at neck) fuel up. Average now over 47Mpg on three fuel up's, well pleased
So this goes to prove that the service wasn't done, the oil that came out was certainly a testament to that.
Isn't it a pity that it's often the dealers that give a car a bad reputation, the dealers in my view were the big problem with the old rear engined Skoda's and to an extent with the 75.
All in all though the Panda is doing what I ask of it, no it's not a 75 but I was fully aware it never would be, to get into a car with no difficulty for me and Anne is a big big bonus.
__________________
Believe it or not its now 3 months till MFL (my Rover 75 V6) was passed onto it's new owner and the Panda arrived.
So far I have little to complain about with the Panda, the dealer Parks in Irvine a Fiat agent less so though.
The car had a dealer service stamp in the book for 19,000 miles and I got it at 19,076 miles, the "service" was done last October. On purchase I brought to the attention of the salesman there was a light score on the sill and the front discs didn't look too good. The car was due an MOT in March so he said they would attend to the discs at the MOT, a door seal would be replaced too.
When I picked up the car the score was repaired perfectly, I was to return to get the seal done when it came in, so a week later I did and I asked if the MOT could be brought forward and the discs done. This was arranged and when I picked up the car I was told that the discs were within spec and the MOT was passed with no advisories.
I was far from happy and checked the thickness of the discs with the micrometer they were only just within spec but badly scored. After a few calls I got nowhere and as the year warranty I had that didn't include service parts I decided to change them myself. The job on the Panda is easy and straightforward, new discs and pads were £53 with a 10% discount I have. Now another thing was the validity of the service. I whipped out the air filter and no way had that been replaced in October, so since then I have serviced the car with new oil, filters and plugs.
I got five weeks out of this tank of fuel.
I've just filled up the Panda to the brim and have recorded over 53mpg on this brim to brim (fuel right at neck) fuel up. Average now over 47Mpg on three fuel up's, well pleased
So this goes to prove that the service wasn't done, the oil that came out was certainly a testament to that.
Isn't it a pity that it's often the dealers that give a car a bad reputation, the dealers in my view were the big problem with the old rear engined Skoda's and to an extent with the 75.
All in all though the Panda is doing what I ask of it, no it's not a 75 but I was fully aware it never would be, to get into a car with no difficulty for me and Anne is a big big bonus.
__________________






