Not sure whether this thread is still alive but I thought I would comment to ask a question that I have been trying to figure out and hopefully one of you could help me. 1stly when I am working everything up ie 12V 2ah adapter from my box of many things electronical and some second hand speakers that I got from cash converters in my town centre for a 10er (quite a good set actually for the price) btw there 8ohm I think and 8 ohm or 4ohm tweeters not sure will double check. I plug everything in and turn it on I get the pop from the speaker like always but when I connect my phone and start playing bass heavy( ish) music I get a real amount of distortion even when I adjust the bass and treble pots seems to me a little better but not much.
Please could someone help I would be so gratefully
Thankyou Daniel
- Is 2ah enough for the little amp (contacted Chris at bardwells and he said the maximum current draw would be 400mah at full pelt (volume) so I thought it would be fine on 12v 2ah considering the amp goes from 6v-24v.
- Am I using the correct speakers because I'm placing the amp in a potable system that I am building which will also be housing a 12v 2600mah rc NiMh battery attached to the amp as well ( via double pole switch on.off.on) so that I can run it on a mains a.c.to dc adaptor and charge the batterys or run it on battery on its own.
Please could someone help I would be so gratefully
Thankyou Daniel






