27-02-2017, 04:46 PM
I have the same problem with my bench RCD. I occasionally use a Farnell B30/20 power supply which often trips the RCD at switch on. The PSU passes a class 1 PAT test and does not have any mains filter caps. The problem it does have is a massive inrush current at switch on, so much so that part of the case sometimes rattles from the transformer growl.
Previously I found an article on the net that talked about saturating the core of the transformer in the RCD can cause tripping. i have not found it this time round but did find this one mention in post 2 here.
http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messa...?catid=205&threadid=23753
Al
Previously I found an article on the net that talked about saturating the core of the transformer in the RCD can cause tripping. i have not found it this time round but did find this one mention in post 2 here.
http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messa...?catid=205&threadid=23753
Al
Tuned for maximum smoke .







