10-02-2017, 09:12 PM
I have another AM Virage info centre module to repair and with luck it might once again be failure of the Dallas "Timekeeper" chip. Today, I collected a DS12887 IC from the Aston Garage. After the device has been fitted and the module is reinstalled in the car I will report back the results. The replacement IC appears to have the date code "1412" so hopefully this example is of recent production.
Of course what the car needs really needs is a replacement module. However, the odometer and trip meter is part of the display. Perhaps a conventional speedometer with odometer could be sourced and fitted. Other functions performed by the module will be the fuel gauge and clock. I'm told that other less important functions are things like boot lid open and maybe a reminder to wear the seat belts.
Later Virage cars do not employ this unit.
See Attached pictures of the cockpit of a 1994 model.
Geordie McBoyne.
Of course what the car needs really needs is a replacement module. However, the odometer and trip meter is part of the display. Perhaps a conventional speedometer with odometer could be sourced and fitted. Other functions performed by the module will be the fuel gauge and clock. I'm told that other less important functions are things like boot lid open and maybe a reminder to wear the seat belts.
Later Virage cars do not employ this unit.
See Attached pictures of the cockpit of a 1994 model.
Geordie McBoyne.






