28-01-2017, 02:48 AM
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2017, 02:54 AM by Nowhere-Man.)
Sad to say I think my aunt just "slung" that Bush radio but I'd love to have it back.
I also happen to recall very clearly the arrival of colour television since my grandad only had a black and white TV that stood right next to the Bush radio. Basically family friends and relatives all gradualy acquired colour TV sets. I also recall the very first program I saw in colour was Hawai Five O. Of course back then the sets were rented and expensive to own. We actually had a Bush cPolour TV that one day just caught fire in the living room. Smoke billowing from the back.
After that Bush had a bad reputation in the house. As to trannys, I recall one very oldish one I was given in a brown leather case that had lots of holes for the speaker at the front. They all had the little earplug so I was soon hooked on radio luxemburg.
Really the technology of that era was in its own cllass. Far better music and far better TV shows. The commercials were especially good. Hi Karate, Milk Tray, R Whites lemonade, Nimble Bread and the classic nuts whole hazlenuts (Cadbury's make em and they cover them with chocolate).
I also happen to recall very clearly the arrival of colour television since my grandad only had a black and white TV that stood right next to the Bush radio. Basically family friends and relatives all gradualy acquired colour TV sets. I also recall the very first program I saw in colour was Hawai Five O. Of course back then the sets were rented and expensive to own. We actually had a Bush cPolour TV that one day just caught fire in the living room. Smoke billowing from the back.
After that Bush had a bad reputation in the house. As to trannys, I recall one very oldish one I was given in a brown leather case that had lots of holes for the speaker at the front. They all had the little earplug so I was soon hooked on radio luxemburg.
Really the technology of that era was in its own cllass. Far better music and far better TV shows. The commercials were especially good. Hi Karate, Milk Tray, R Whites lemonade, Nimble Bread and the classic nuts whole hazlenuts (Cadbury's make em and they cover them with chocolate).







