17-01-2017, 10:43 AM
(17-01-2017, 09:46 AM)pwdrive Wrote: Not sure if I've ever had my eyesight tested, what's involved, letters/numbers at a distance?
Basically, yes, but as you get older you might have tests to help spot age related problems.
For example, I have Type II Diabetes which involves having photographs of the retina being taken every year.
My licence runs out on my 73rd birthday in April but, unless anything has changed to the system in the last three years, it should just involve a simple declaration that my eyesight meets the requirements* and that no medical problems affect my ability to drive.
* My eyesight is better now than it was for over 50 years! I wore glasses from the age of 14 for a combination of short sight and severe astigmatism until I developed cataracts in both eyes and had plastic lenses fitted. I now have excellent uncorrected distance vision but, as I would otherwise still require one pair of glasses for reading and another for using the computer, I elected to go for varifocals which effectively gives me three pairs of glasses that I know the location of all the time!






