07-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Thank you Mark.
Even those wonderful Sonotone 9TA cartridges are failing in exactly the same way, I have a Garrard AT6 & 9TA in my Black Box and I began to notice the phasing effect then one day the stylus disappeared into the cartridge, I saw that the cantilever had split, I honestly thought thought it had its chips but the tiniest drop of super glue and some delicate work with tweezers cured the problem and all is working just as it should.
I have also found that some of the Chinese copy cartridges have a poor frequency curve, often very high at the top end and poor on bass so you then need to add correction to get a decent sound, best sticking with the older cartridges if they are working.
Even those wonderful Sonotone 9TA cartridges are failing in exactly the same way, I have a Garrard AT6 & 9TA in my Black Box and I began to notice the phasing effect then one day the stylus disappeared into the cartridge, I saw that the cantilever had split, I honestly thought thought it had its chips but the tiniest drop of super glue and some delicate work with tweezers cured the problem and all is working just as it should.
I have also found that some of the Chinese copy cartridges have a poor frequency curve, often very high at the top end and poor on bass so you then need to add correction to get a decent sound, best sticking with the older cartridges if they are working.






