11-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Interesting that this thread started with a French car in France.
You used to be told that, for driving in France, if stopped by the police you had to be able to produce a set of spare bulbs and, if a light was defective, replace it at the roadside.
What is the law now?
I had problems with my 02 reg Focus in that I could get at the nearside bulb to remove it - after a struggle - but couldn't get the new one in again. This was also a case of the battery being in the way.
I got my mechanic to fit it when he did the service: the secret, it seems, is a bolt accessible from beneath the wheel arch but, by then, my knees were making it so hard to kneel down that knowing the solution was academic!
I'm sure the handbook for my 61 reg Focus says it is now a garage job - I'll have to re-check that!
You used to be told that, for driving in France, if stopped by the police you had to be able to produce a set of spare bulbs and, if a light was defective, replace it at the roadside.
What is the law now?
I had problems with my 02 reg Focus in that I could get at the nearside bulb to remove it - after a struggle - but couldn't get the new one in again. This was also a case of the battery being in the way.
I got my mechanic to fit it when he did the service: the secret, it seems, is a bolt accessible from beneath the wheel arch but, by then, my knees were making it so hard to kneel down that knowing the solution was academic!
I'm sure the handbook for my 61 reg Focus says it is now a garage job - I'll have to re-check that!






