11-12-2016, 04:02 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2016, 04:03 PM by spot-wobble.)
Hamid,
I had a problem with a radio a while back (can't remember make and model) was AM/FM though.
The problem was crackling, after much investigation it turned out to be the paxolin on wave change switch inner contacts. It had gone conductive. No sign of burning etc.
Adjacent contacts were audio switching and HT. HT was tracking to the audio circuit through the paxolin and causing the crackling. I could actually measure a small positive voltage on the audio circuit.
I had to remove the wave change switch and change the inner rotating paxlin contact holder. Fortunately I had a similar spare switch that I could canibalise!
Maybe you have a faulty paxolin tag holder etc in your Radio? I am guessing that the Mayflower is VHF only so no fiddly wave change switch to deal with.
Good luck
Andy
I had a problem with a radio a while back (can't remember make and model) was AM/FM though.
The problem was crackling, after much investigation it turned out to be the paxolin on wave change switch inner contacts. It had gone conductive. No sign of burning etc.
Adjacent contacts were audio switching and HT. HT was tracking to the audio circuit through the paxolin and causing the crackling. I could actually measure a small positive voltage on the audio circuit.
I had to remove the wave change switch and change the inner rotating paxlin contact holder. Fortunately I had a similar spare switch that I could canibalise!
Maybe you have a faulty paxolin tag holder etc in your Radio? I am guessing that the Mayflower is VHF only so no fiddly wave change switch to deal with.
Good luck
Andy







