08-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Cheers. I will take it step by step. I am just recovering from an accident I had in the early hours. I had been up very very late just doing the basic tests on a German radio. After I watched a DVD. Then a bit later I had a fall - just tripped and winded up on my back. Guess I was tired and it was just one of those silly accidents. I did get a big bump on the head but main damage only to dignity. So today I will retest the voltages on anodes. Mixed feelings about the PCB layout on this unit. The stringing mechanism is typically German so a bit involved and best left intact. Now, where were we parts.. I was recently offered some Cossor valves at 20 quid each and declined. Sometimes I prefer to wait. Maplins weren't doing any resistors in the Megohm range so I will be looking into Russian sources. The electrolytics I mentioned are commonly needed for smoothing or on output cathodes. I had to swat up a bit on Nanofarads which are used a lot whereas I was used to micromicrofarads. In time you get used to visualising a tiny nanofarad digit as a 0.something.







