23-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Pickit3 is pretty cheap too.
There is a difference between MPLAB (need Pickit3 for 18F24K22) and standalone ICSP programming from a hex file (18F24K22 is supported by Pickit2).
I have a homebrew programmer*, but not suitable for later than XP, and even for it needs "GiveIO" driver. I got a PicKit2 years ago. However I'm using Linux Mint now, so I must figure out how to do it from that! (It does work).
(* That was 2002, not worth making one now)
There is a difference between MPLAB (need Pickit3 for 18F24K22) and standalone ICSP programming from a hex file (18F24K22 is supported by Pickit2).
I have a homebrew programmer*, but not suitable for later than XP, and even for it needs "GiveIO" driver. I got a PicKit2 years ago. However I'm using Linux Mint now, so I must figure out how to do it from that! (It does work).
(* That was 2002, not worth making one now)







