15-11-2016, 07:20 PM
I know it is Autumn but I always regard now as Winter already. I like to think of Spring starting after 21st December as the Earth starts to tilt the Northern hemisphere nearer the sun. Autumn for me starts after Midsummer's day and we are heading towards shorter days again. Winter for me starts after the autumn equinox. Summer after the Spring equinox. So I am a season early compared to the official dates.
For me it seems to make the Winter go faster. I perk up once 21st December has gone.
I never turn my central heating off but rely on the room thermostat(s), so it goes off when it is warm anyway.
John
For me it seems to make the Winter go faster. I perk up once 21st December has gone.
I never turn my central heating off but rely on the room thermostat(s), so it goes off when it is warm anyway.
John







