01-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Where did you connect the external tuner, to the gram input? Or do you mean you connected an external dipole aerial to the VHF areal sockets?
Have you checked the 5uf electrolytic in the discriminator circuit? On the Trader service sheet 1221, it is C46 and described as "FM Limiting".
Failing that I have had problems with the triple diode triode type valves V4, changing it on some of my sets has made a big improvement. An equivalent valve is the EABC80.
I normally shy away from fiddling with the alignment of FM IF transformers, you can really mess things up if you dont do it properly.
Mike
Have you checked the 5uf electrolytic in the discriminator circuit? On the Trader service sheet 1221, it is C46 and described as "FM Limiting".
Failing that I have had problems with the triple diode triode type valves V4, changing it on some of my sets has made a big improvement. An equivalent valve is the EABC80.
I normally shy away from fiddling with the alignment of FM IF transformers, you can really mess things up if you dont do it properly.
Mike






