14-10-2016, 11:57 AM
(14-10-2016, 06:06 AM)Sparks Wrote: I came across this on a car boot sale some time ago. I was undecided whether to buy it or not, but finally did. On getting it home and opening it up, I was not particularly impressed with the circuit as it seemed to be mainly switches with the odd resistor and capacitor thrown in. It had no valves either. I made a half-hearted attempt to restore it, but lost interest, feeling that its performance would not really be up to much. It lay around in the shed for ages, and when I casually mentioned it when visiting Christie's auction house in London, they suggested it was very valuable. When I got home, I stuck four valves in it, packed it up and sent it to them. It sold for £2,400!
Bob
Brilliant Bob.
Bet you had a rather large smile on your face. So it's now time for us all to do some deep searching in our respective lofts






