13-10-2016, 06:08 PM
A PAL comb filter decoder was a much harder thing to do than for NTSC. Which is why they didn't appear until later. There are now some very good professional PAL decoders that are used for copying archive material into a digital component format. I don't think they can ever be perfect - the spectra always overlap to some extent - but they give visually very satisfactory results.
Also remember that VCRs were once commonplace. The technical performance of VHS and Betamax was horrible but we accepted it as there was nothing better available. I suspect many people didn't even notice. Comb decoders didn't work at all well with VCR replay as the relationship between colour subcarrier and line length was lost.
Also remember that VCRs were once commonplace. The technical performance of VHS and Betamax was horrible but we accepted it as there was nothing better available. I suspect many people didn't even notice. Comb decoders didn't work at all well with VCR replay as the relationship between colour subcarrier and line length was lost.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







